In accordance to the most up-to-date data, 571 GPs, 1,900 professionals and 202 pediatricians have signed to be a part of the GESY health care process to date. The system has been in procedure for two yrs now, and over-all, I assume this facet of Cyprus’s social reform has been prosperous.
I want to update you on the options and methods of the overall health procedure and cost contributions to the system so that you have all the current data at your fingertips.
What health companies are furnished on GESY?
- Own doctors’ healthcare provision
- Expert doctors’ healthcare provision (all specialisms, including unusual problems)
- Medication products
- Laboratory exams
- Inpatient clinic and clinic provision
- Healthcare for mishaps and emergencies (some A & E condition and personal clinic departments accepted to sign up for the process in November this calendar year but this has now been postponed due to the pandemic)
- Ambulance companies
- Wellness professionals’ solutions like nurses, midwifes, medical psychologists, dieticians, physiotherapists, occupational and speech therapists (this is really helpful, as beforehand these providers were being only genuinely readily available privately and were being really expensive)
- Dentistry (preventative operate)
- Cancer treatment and rehabilitation
Who can reward from GESY?
- Long-lasting resident Europeans and their family members
- Non-EU citizens (this sort of as the Cyprus) who are lasting citizens in Cyprus and call for therapy, and also their loved ones associates
How substantially are the contributions?
Pensioners and staff contribute 2.65% payment and the state pays 4.70%. The contributions are collected by the tax and social insurance plan departments.
You can obtain all the health care providers GESY offers once you have enrolled on the GHS (Gesy Well being Company) portal and registered for the particular medical doctor that you pick out.
My Cyprus mates picked their medical professional on the basis of which is closest to where by they are living. The own physician that you opt for, while, is usually the 1st contact that you will have, whichever treatment provider you require. So you are unable to pick the health and fitness support you consider you will need – you often have to be guided in your decision by your individual doctor.
Having said that, you are totally free to decide on the precise expert physician, lab, medical center or private or general public wellbeing company that you would like – as lengthy as they are registered with GESY. Or, you can non-public if you wish, inspite of staying with the GESY system, but this consists of a larger price.
There are compact more payments on the GESY method for outpatient companies. For example, you will spend €1 for every medicine merchandise on a prescription, €1 for every laboratory test and €6 for each go to to an outpatient professional doctor. Nonetheless, all inpatient hospitalisations and wellbeing treatment, as perfectly as accessing your particular health care provider is no cost of cost.
Prior to GESY, visiting my GP utilised to price €50 per time, and when I had to consider my youngsters to their pediatrician for little one vaccinations, it made use of to price tag €70 for each time – so these are huge discounts!
For the duration of the latest coronavirus pandemic, the GESY program has proved its really worth even more. Several aged people today have frequented their personal doctor to acquire the Covid-19 vaccinations and this provider is now no cost of cost, as opposed to a few of a long time ago.
So normally, I assume the new GESY healthcare system listed here in Cyprus is a important governing administration initiative. It was certainly desired due to the fact ahead of it was released, the community experienced to depend on high-priced non-public health care that was based mostly on clinical insurance guidelines. The complete implementation of the GESY method has been delayed owing to the pandemic, and I believe it will be verify to be a very good asset to Cyprus when the program can fully unfold.